Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bremerton

I spent a lot of my childhood in Kitsap spending the night at my Grandpa and Grandma's house, celebrating holidays with Aunts, Uncles and playing with so many cousins it's not even fair, but it wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered downtown Bremerton while on a boating trip with my husband's family. My father-in-law tries to make it to the Blackberry Festival every Labor Day Weekend to enjoy a scone.  This is a fun hop on the ferry for a Saturday afternoon trip that will keep you busy for a couple hours.  I always enjoy sitting by the fountains, if I remember right, there is a water show set to music on the hour, you will definitely get your fill of "Chariots of Fire" if you are there for an extended stay. :) If you're lucky enough to be there on a Friday night in July, you might enjoy catching a flick as part of the Movies on the Roof series. Bremerton has worked hard to recreate their image and make themselves a destination--good job guys.

 You can watch the ferries come and go


 USS Turner Joy Ship Tours



Fritz European Fry House
For more photos and reviews click here.

A good place for a cup of independent Joe.

Other eating and drinking opportunities include: Starbucks, Subway, Cold Stone, Taco Del Mar, Anthony's Homeport, One World Bagel and Pizza Co., New Delhi Indian Cuisine, and Daisy Fish and Chips.

If you want to extend your visit, you might enjoy taking the foot ferry across the bay to Port Orchard for more  gift shopping.

For Bremerton Ferry Schedules click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment