Monday, June 20, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap



I owe this post entirely to my Mom, who found this recipe, gathered all the ingredients and brought it to my house.  We made a batch of each: one with Pink Zote (the prettiest), one with Fels Naptha (the best-smelling in my opinion, but they're all a close tie) and one with Ivory (makes clothes and towels the softest). This is a very economical laundry detergent and you won't have to buy laundry softener anymore.  My Mom has replaced all her Tilex and harsh chemical cleaners with this non-toxic soap and as my Mom would say "it works like a charm".



Base

Soaps (one kind per batch)
Slice bars of soap into 1/4" slices, (this makes it easier on the food processor).  Pour a handful of each powder into food processor along with several slices of soap, pulse until a fine meal.


Continue working in small batches until finished.  Mix and store in airtight container...preferably a cute one.

1 to 2 tablespoons per load. Remember: it makes no suds, but cleans super!


 Pink Zote

 Fels Naptha

Sometimes you have to get dirty before you can get clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment