Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lavender Festival - Sequim

Another floral gem in our state are the Lavender fields. I love Sequim, I love the Olympic Peninsula, I love, I love Lavender, call me an old lady, but an old lady that smells good. I have sweet memories of going to Sequim on numerous trips: picking berries with my Grandma, Lavender Lattes with a friend on our way to Hurricane Ridge, and most recently a camping trip for our anniversary.

 Another time, another place.

 We would stay at Sequim Bay State Park again: quiet, hot showers, 
convenient, close to town. We pulled in, got our tent set up 
and went to town for hot drinks at The Buzz.


 Always gotta remember your site.




 Jeremy was sweet to let me visit as many fields as I could, 
my favorite farm is Purple Haze, who have been featured in magazines.


 Sequim's other claim to fame is the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge
home of the popular delicacy: Dungeness Crab.

 Where we wanted to eat at Cedarbrook Herb Farm...

...Where our budget wanted us to eat. 
(You can't beat Costco Polish Dogs anyway.)

We had our morning latte at Hurricane Coffee Company, their beans roasted by Tully's. Cool atmosphere, Lively shop. A lot of gifty boutiques to browse downtown along W Washington St. The city hosts a Farmer's Market every Saturday during the summer season.  My parents also went to Sequim for an anniversary trip several years ago and recommend visiting the Olympic Game Farm, especially if you have little ones.

For their official tourism website click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment