Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stumptown Coffee

Definitely my #1 roaster is Stumptown Coffee. We first discovered these rich beans in Portland and later learned the company and roasting plant is based in our own Capitol Hill--surprise, surprise. My Aunt and Uncle were here for a visit last month and one of our "musts" was to show them true Seattle espresso.  

Outside the 12th store on Capitol Hill, also the roasting plant.

 Ya, didn't really get the logo.

I'm a sucker for brick walls.

 I believe the single prices are for an 8 oz cup. 
My uncle ordered the Mexican Coke, which came in a glass bottle 
and is made with cane sugar vs high fructose corn syrup. 
I guess it tasted about the same, but a little healthier.

 Also a sucker for hand stamped cups.

 Mid Century Mod Decor

 Latte Art...always a good sign.

 The tasting room for coffee snobs (like me). :(


 Burlap!

 I found this humorous.

We got a personal tour by Wolfgang, who told us all kinds of cool stuff 
about beans and roasting, which I knew I should have taken notes
or done this posting sooner, because now I forget. 
I do remember that all their beans are a specific variety, 
he compared them to being the Heirlooms of tomatoes. 
I guess you will just have to go and get your own personal tour. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I can't wait to go find out for myself as I am a fellow "coffee snob." Do you have to make an appointment for the tour? I want to take my brother and sister in law when they come to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie: Have you checked out Top Pot Donuts? If so, what is your view on them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have to make an appointment for the tasting, but the tour just kind of happened, they were roasting, we started asking questions and they were really helpful and friendly to answer them all. Try asking for Wolfgang, he was very knowledgeable.
    And yes, we love Top Pot Doughnuts, it's part of our Seattle itinerary. We take the Light Rail, stop at Kukuruza Popcorn, get coffee, shop, and walk to 5th for doughnuts. They have great coffee as well and their shop is adorably retro.

    ReplyDelete